East Fishkill Soccer Club
Members Code of Conduct
1. We are our child's #1 role model: Present the best example of character & behavior at all times.
2. Allow the coach to coach the team! Be an enthusiastic, positive supporter of the coach's work during games by your actions and words. Shout words of encouragement, cheer for all players appreciating good play; let the coach give directions.
3. Relieve the pressure of competition by helping players enjoy practices and games. Players feel enough pressure on their own.
4. Help the coach and your player by making sure they are on time and properly equipped for all practices and games. Remember the game is for the players and no one else. Do all you can to support them, making soccer educational and character-building.
5. Treat all participants (players, coaches, referees, and spectators) with the same respect that you would want for your own child.
6. Try to meet spectators of the other team. We all want the same results for our kids--a fun way to exercise! It is much harder to disrespect someone if you know them.
7. NEVER YELL at or TOUCH a referee. NEVER ENTER the field during a game WITHOUT the PERMISSION of the REFEREE. Learn all you can about the game. Before, you attempt to interpret the Laws of the Game, be sure you know and understand them.
8. Take an active interest in how participation is affecting your child as s/he grows into an adult. Help them know how to win and how to find positives in a losing game.
9. Support the team, club, and league, as they strive to give your child a positive experience. Volunteer when you can. Say "thanks" to those who give their free time to the sport of soccer.
10. There is no place for alcohol in youth sports. In accordance with EF town policy, NO alcoholic beverages may be carried or consumed in a public place…... nor at any soccer game or practice.