News and Announcements
To all Parents, Coaches and Players
• Picture Day Saturday 9/23 – Please contact your coaches for details
• John Jay Boys Caswell Memorial game Tuesday 9/19
Please join us for the:
The 12th Annual James Caswell Memorial Game
Tuesday, September 19th @ 5:30pm
Potluck tailgate to follow!
Every year the boys soccer program hosts a memorial game and tailgate to help raise funds for the James Caswell Memorial Scholarship Fund. After the game, Mr. Caswell presents a plaque to the “Outstanding Defensive Player” of the game in memory of his son James.
James played in goal for John Jay from 1998-2000 and helped the Patriots secure their first ever New York State Championship. Over these past years, Mr. Caswell has become an integral part of our John Jay Soccer Community.
• John Jay Girls – Gold Out game Thursday 9/28
The John Jay Girls’ Soccer teams will be holding a “Gold Out” on 9/28 to help raise awareness for pediatric cancer. JV will play at 3:30 and Varsity will play at 5:30. The girls will be at the complex on 9/23 selling “Gold Out” shirts for $15 and all proceeds will go to the Ty Louis Campbell Foundation. Please support the girls by buying a shirt and attending the games!
The Fall 2017 soccer is upon us! Get ready for the season by stopping by Dick’s Sporting Goods in Poughkeepsie on 8/26 or 8/27 for a special discount off your purchase. See attached flyer for more details. The discount applies to your entire purchase, not just on soccer gear. Your support during this weekend benefits the EFSC relationship with Dick’s.
Or download the attached PDF
The document EFSC_Dicks_Wknd_2017.pdf was attached to this post.
Congratulations and Good Luck!!
Pictured left to right: Erin Theiller, Katerina Petrakis, Clint McLeod, Nicole Miller
2017 Christopher Kulaga Scholarship Winners: Erin Theiller, Katerina Petrakis
2017 Christopher Ulanmo Scholarship Winners: Clint McLeod, Nicole Miller
Graduate of JJHS
Attending Binghamton University
Graduate of JJHS
Attending University of MD
Graduate of AHS
Attending Virginia Tech
Graduate of JJHS
Attending York College Of Pennsylvania
FALL 2017/SPRING 2018 REGISTRATION
ALL REGISTRANTS WILL BE PLACED ON THE WAIT LIST UNTIL ENOUGH COACHES ARE SECUREDDETAILS:
• All initial registrations will take place online – there will be in-person sessions after teams have formed for payment by check and for new registrants to show proof of residency and date of birth.
• ALL player registrations will be placed on a wait list until enough coaches are secured to create teams ◦players will be taken from the wait list in the order of registration (all registrations are date and time stamped)
◦you will not be charged until your child is placed on a team ◾fees are $105 for the 2017-18 season
◾there is a $40 non resident fee for each non East Fishkill resident player
• INTERESTED IN COACHING? REGISTER NOW! ◦coaching registrations will not be placed on the wait list
◦teams will not be created until we have enough coaches secured to create teams
• CU12, GU12, CU15, GU15, CU19 and GU19 DIVISIONS ◦as per our governing league, EHYSL, players are no longer permitted to play both travel and intramural for EFSC or any other club
• DIVISIONS: ◦ CU4/CU5 BIRTH YEARS 2013 and 2014 ◾practices/games will only be on Saturdays
◦ CU6 BIRTH YEAR 2012
◦ CU7 BIRTH YEAR 2011
◦ CU8 BIRTH YEAR 2010
◦ CU10 BIRTH YEARS 2008 and 2009
◦ CU12 BIRTH YEARS 2006 and 2007 ◾open to boys and girls
◦ GU12 BIRTH YEARS 2006 AND 2007 ◾open to girls only
◦ CU15 BIRTH YEARS 2003, 2004 and 2005 ◾open to boys and girls
◦ GU15 BIRTH YEARS 2003, 2004 and 2005 ◾open to girls only
◦ CU19 BIRTH YEARS 1999, 2000, 2001 and 2002 ◾open to boys and girls
◦ GU19 BIRTH YEARS 1999, 2000, 20001 and 2002 ◾open to girls only
•Link to the EFSC Intramural Program SI Play registration system: http://eastfishkillintra.siplay.com/site/UNIFORMS (for new and returning players):
• ALL East Fishkill Intramural Program Soccer players will now wear the same uniforms! ◦this will allow for players to order the appropriate size
◦players will be able to wear the same uniform from from year to year as long as it fits
◦players will be able to order individual replacement pieces as needed
•Each player will be responsible for having one blue and one white jersey; black shorts and black socks for each game
•Returning players who have both uniforms from the 2016-17 season do not need to order a new uniform
•When ordering a uniform, please click on the number box- you will be given a choice of numbers from which to pick
• INTRAMURAL orders should be placed at https://fishkillsc.itemorder.com ◦paid orders will be taken and mailed directly to your home
◦Challenger Sports will be sending uniforms out for the club at the same time in August
•Please DO NOT order your uniform UNTIL YOU ARE PLACED ON A TEAM
Click Here to find your Division Leader: http://www.teampages.com/organizations/3147/pages/114423
To All Graduating Seniors and their Coaches,
Each year East Hudson gives out several scholarships to Graduating Seniors. In order to reach all graduates we give this letter broad distribution, so if you are not graduating yet please disregard this notice.
Complete information on these scholarships are available on the League website www.ehysl.net. Please look under “Our Programs”. Applications are due to us by June 10th and the winners will be notified and presented their scholarships at the Dinner of Champions dinner in July. Coaches please double check with your seniors and make sure they are aware of these scholarships.
If you have any questions please contact the League office at 845-621-0112
East Hudson Youth Soccer League Office
407 Route 6
Mahopac, NY 10541